Tulum, which in Mayan means “fence or wall“, is one of the most visited Mayan sites in Yucatan. The impressive ruins,
This tour provides you full transportation from the Island of Cozumel (Playa del Carmen Ferry Pier) to the Ruins of Tulum and back. Once in Tulum, you will be tantalized with facts and tales of the ancient and modern Mayan life. We’ll discuss the culture as it was during the times Tulum was occupied by Mayan Civilization. Also taking time to examine the inscriptions and murals on the temples; describing the decoration, rich iconography and its meaning to the Mayan. If your schedule allows it, you may also have time for some shopping or a little dip at the beach before returning to Cozumel.with its backdrop of the turquoise waters is just breathtaking and a great memorable photo opportunity.
VISIT THE IMPRESSIVE ANCIENT MAYAN SITE
$125.00 USD – Single Adult – Pay in Full (Must be at least 7 days in Advance)
$80.00 USD – Single Child – Pay in Full (Must be at least 7 days in Advance)
Meeting Point and tour description: We will meet at the Cozumel ferry pier 30 minutes before the ferry departs to Playa del Carmen*. After the comfortable 45-minute ferry ride, a new air-conditioned van will then take you for 45 minutes to Tulum where you will stay for about 1.5 hours.
Once in Tulum, you will have about a 10-minute walk to the entrance of the site. For approximately 1.5 hours, you will be tantalized with facts and tales of the ancient and modern Mayan life. We’ll discuss the culture as it was during the times of Tulum. Also taking time to examine the inscriptions and murals on the temples; describing the decoration, rich iconography and its meaning to the Mayan. If your schedule allows it, you may also have time for some shopping or a little dip at the beach before returning to Cozumel.
You have nothing to do to prepare for this tour as we have included everything – your English-speaking guide, round-trip ferry ride, round trip transportation to Playa del Carmen, and your admission to Tulum.
*For customers joining us from Playa del Carmen, the meeting point is right before the ferry pier outside the restaurant-bar Sr. Frogs at 08:30am, 09:30 am, 10:30am or 11:30am, depending on your tour schedule.
- Round trip ferry ride Cozumel-Playa del Carmen
- Round trip to Tulum in new air-conditioned vehicles
- Travel insurance
- Admission and guided tour at the ruins
- Professional guide
Schedule: 8:00, 9:00, 10:00 and 11:00 (From November to April) 9:00, 10:00 and 11:00 (From May to October).
- Please, be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the departure time.
- If you have a group or a different schedule please, contact us we’ll try to customize the tour to meet your needs.
Duration: 5.5 hours
Pricing: Adults: $125 USD / Children (12 and under): $80 USD
Deposit: A deposit per person is required at the moment of booking to confirm spaces for this excursion. Balance payment will be required ONLY in cash (Pesos or US Dollars) at check-in. Your deposit is fully refundable if you cancel your tour at least 7 days prior to your tour date or for any reason your cruise ship does not call port in Cozumel.
- Your ship must be in Cozumel for at least 8 to 9 hours to book this tour.
- Child rate applies for children under 12 years old.
- There is a fee of 35 Pesos (NOT included in the tour price) for the use of video cameras at the ruins. Tripods are not allowed. This fee is paid directly at the entrance of the site.
- We require a minimum of 2 people to operate this tour. We usually make groups with other people who might be interested in the same tour on the same date. If you book this tour with us and we do not get the minimum of participants required, we will inform you at least one week in advance and will offer you our best possible alternative.
- The local time in Cozumel (US Central Time) may be one hour earlier than your ship. If you’re not sure which time to select, please contact us.
- This tour does not operate on New Year’s Day.
Recommendations: Wear comfortable walking shoes. Drinking water, a hat and sun block lotion would also be a good idea. Consider bringing extra film (or an extra memory card) and batteries for your camera. In rainy season (May to November) mosquito repellent and light raincoats are recommended.
Important notice: The meeting point for all our Cozumel tours is under the swallows sculpture in the San Miguel Ferry pier at Rafael Melgar Avenue, across from Las Palmeras restaurant and next to the big Mexican flag. Be sharp 30 minutes before check in at the ferry!.
After your booking, you will receive the detailed information including map of the meeting point and directions on how to find us.
If you prefer to use other means of payment than PayPal, please contact us.
Contact us: Feel free to Contact Us in case you have any question or need assistance.