Tulum, formerly known as Zama “the city of Dawn”, is one of the most visited Mayan sites in Yucatan. The view of the impressive ruins with its backdrop of the turquoise waters is just breathtaking.
On this tour you will have the opportunity not only to walk around one of the most important Maya sites but also to have a new insight in history and extraordinary view from the Sea. You will be tantalized with facts and tales of the ancient and modern Mayan life. We’ll discuss the culture as it was during the times of Tulum. Also taking time to examine the inscriptions and murals on the temples; describing the decoration, rich iconography and its meaning to the Mayan. Your shuttle will take you to the Tulum beach where you will board a small boat that will take you to see the ruins from the sea. (Watch video below for details)
A breathtaking experience to discover Tulum from the Sea!
View a video about this tour with Cozumel Choice
Meeting Point and tour description: We will meet at the Cozumel ferry pier at 30 minutes before the ferry departs to Playa del Carmen. After the pleasurable and comfortable 40-minute ferry ride to Playa del Carmen, a new air-conditioned van will then take you for 45 minutes to the Tulum famous ruins. During the trip you will become acquainted with key important facts about present and past life in Quintana Roo (demographics, ethnic groups, gastronomy and history, among others) that will set you in the mood for your immersion in the Mayan world.
Once in Tulum, you will have about a 10-minute walk to the entrance of the site. For approximately 1.5 hours, you will be tantalized with facts and tales of the ancient and modern Mayan life. We’ll discuss the culture as it was during the times of Tulum. Also taking time to examine the inscriptions and murals on the temples; describing the decoration, rich iconography and its meaning to the Mayan. Your shuttle will take you to the Tulum beach where you will board a small boat that will take you to see the ruins from the sea.
You have nothing to do to prepare for this tour as we have included everything – your English-speaking guide, round-trip ferry ride, round trip transportation to Playa del Carmen, admission to Tulum; and boat ride off the Tulum ruins.
THIS TOUR IS FOR HOTEL GUESTS
*For customers joining us from Playa del Carmen, the meeting point is right before the ferry pier outside the restaurant-bar Sr. Frogs at 08:30am, 09:30 am, 10:30am or 11:30am, depending on your tour schedule.
- Round ferry ride Cozumel-Playa del Carmen
- Round trip to Tulum in new air-conditioned vehicles
- Travel insurance
- Admission and guided tour at the ruins
- Boat ride off the Tulum ruins
- Professional guide
Schedule: 8:00, 9:00, 10:00 and 11:00 (From November to April) 9:00, 10:00 and 11:00 (From May to October).
- Please, be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the departure time.
- If you have a group or a different schedule please, contact us we’ll try to customize the tour to meet your needs.
Duration: 5.5 hours
Pricing: Adults: $150 USD / Children under 12: $110 USD
Deposit: A deposit per person is required at the moment of booking to confirm spaces for this excursion. Balance payment will be required ONLY in cash (Pesos or US Dollars) at check-in. Your deposit is fully refundable if you cancel your tour at least 7 days prior to your tour date or for any reason your cruise ship does not call port in Cozumel.
- Your ship must be in Cozumel for at least 8 to 9 hours to book this tour.
- Child rate applies for children under 12 years old.
- There is a fee of 35 Pesos (NOT included in the tour price) for the use of video cameras at the ruins. Tripods are not allowed. This fee is paid directly at the entrance of the site.
- We require a minimum of 2 people to operate this tour. We usually make groups with other people who might be interested in the same tour on the same date. If you book this tour with us and we do not get the minimum of participants required, we will inform you at least one week in advance and will offer you our best possible alternative.
- The local time in Cozumel may be one hour earlier than your ship. If you’re not sure which time to select, please contact us.
- This tour does not operate on New Year’s Day.
Recommendations: Wear comfortable walking shoes. Drinking water, a hat and sun block lotion would also be a good idea. In rainy season (May to November) mosquito repellent and light raincoats are recommended.
Important notice: The meeting point for all our Cozumel tours is under the swallows sculpture in the San Miguel Ferry pier at Rafael Melgar Avenue, across from Las Palmeras restaurant and next to the big Mexican flag. Be sharp 30 minutes before check in at the ferry!
After your booking we will email you detailed information including map of the meeting point and directions on how to find us.
Credit cards accepted. If you prefer to use other means of payment than PayPal, continue the booking process and you’ll be able to choose to pay by credit card.
Please, do not forget to select the Scheduled Departure Time of your Choice and to click “Add to Cart”.
You will have the opportunity to enter the date you wish to book your tour in the following step, Thank you.